The natural way to party
Shouldn’t birthday parties be a little special? With A Touch of the Wild, they are! Our woodland Birthday Parties are the ideal way for your child and their friends to have an unforgettable and unique birthday experience. We now offer a themed option too!
When can I have a party?
At weekends (Saturday and Sunday) we have two slots –
Morning: 10.00am – 12.30pm
Afternoon: 1.30 pm – 4.00pm
How much does a party cost?
For a 2.5 hour party for up to 15 children
£195 without food
£225 with food
Add a birthday cake
£15 (to feed 15 children)
How do I book?
To book your child a party, check our Party booking system using the link below to see if your slot is available. Can’t see your date available? Pop us an email to enquire! Please note that booking will close approx. 2 weeks before the day so do book your party well in advance.
What others have to say...
Can I just say how excellent the whole party was. Hats off to the guides they were fantastic. The children said it was the best ever party they had been to thank you. You will see us again.
We had a really amazing party – great to see kids doing what they should be doing – building dens/ making (controlled) fires, building bridges, scrambling over nets and playing in hammocks. Definitely recommend thank you very much.
Thank you for a fantastic morning, it was just as we wished it to be, perfect.
Thank you so much for hosting Morgan’s birthday party – we all had a fantastic time. The children loved it, and everything worked really well. I’ve already passed on your details to other Mums who were impressed!
Thank you very much, Kathy Cotter
We picked possibly the wettest weekend in March for our five year old’s woodland explorer’s party, and yet Hannah’s empathy with the imagination of little people and her passion for the forest meant that spirits were not at all dampened by the weather. Hannah’s experience in engaging children in confidence inspiring activities is abundant, and the delight on the faces of children and parents alike at the joys of toasting marshmallows on an open campfire was lovely. Whether you take inspiration from the “Magic Faraway Tree”, “Chronicles of Narnia” or “Swallows and Amazons” a woodland explorers birthday party has some of the magic of all.
Jessica Taylor and Family, Devon
Thank you so much for yesterday, all of the children and adults who attended had an amazing time. I have been inundated with messages complimenting you and the experience in general.
Thank you Hannah and Ellie for a great party today. All the boys loved it. ‘Best party ever’ I heard a few times and the time just flew by. Thank you thank you xx
Harry had a fantastic time yesterday – thank you so much to everyone who helped make it such a fab day. Lots of his friends mums have texted saying how great it was.
She had an amazing time thank you! The best party we’ve ever had
Ruth Wills – Anna’s mum
What a brilliant party; fun had by all! Best party ever…
Thanks, Sara Northcott.
Woodland Birthday Parties
Our woodland Birthday Parties take place in a secret location deep in the woodland at Grammarcombe Woods, Ashcombe Estate, Near Exeter. We’ll make our way to our camp with our Forest School Leader and Assistant, following a blindfold trail to find the secret location. Starting with a game or two to burn off some excited energy, we’ll then gather around the campfire to learn about lighting campfires without matches safely. There will be plenty of opportunity for the children to try out their den building skills and enjoy our new woodland playground and mud kitchen followed by a camouflage hiding game and marshmallow toasting over the campfire. There’s time for delicious campfire sizzling sausages in a roll (if booked), before the party ends with a Happy Birthday song for the Birthday Boy or Girl. Got an older child or have a specific idea for the party? No problem – just let us know. We run events for all ages – children, teens and adults and will adapt our party activities according to the needs and ages of the group. Make their party a really wild one!
- Forest School Leader & assistant
- A Touch of the Wild Birthday Party invitations
- Hot and cold drinks & marshmallows for toasting
- Campfire food (if booking with food)
- A cake (optional extra)
- 2.5 hours of woodland fun
- 15 happy, tired children at the end of the party – guaranteed!
Add Scrummy Food
We’ll provide drinks for the children – squash or hot chocolate (weather dependant), tea & coffee for adults and of course marshmallows for toasting. If you book a party with food, we supply & cook campfire food, consisting of delicious hot dogs for each child (meat or vegetarian) plus snacks. The two adult helpers who stay will also be fed by our hearty campfire fayre. Don’t forget the cake! We can also provide a birthday cake with candles (optional extra). If you would like to bring your own food you are welcome to bring a cold picnic/finger food but please let us know beforehand and take away any leftovers/rubbish with you.
Choose a theme...
We now offer a selection of themed options for your birthday party, if you wish. Please mention in your booking notes if you would like to add a theme to your party!
- Dragons and magic for 5+ years includes a dragon egg hunt, magic wand crafting and our very own potion parlour!
- Fairy and Elf for 4+ years includes a Teddy Trail, crafting Fairy/Elf crowns and moulding Fairy doors from clay.
- Robin Hood for 6+ years includes a wild treasure trail, Robin Hood crafting and Bow and Arrow Target Practice!
- Campfire Cooking and Crafts for 10+ years (Pre-Teen) includes gathering wild wood, cooking campfire treats, a fire lighting challenge and dream catcher crafting. (Must be booked as a party with food.)
- Survival and Camouflage for 10 + years (Pre-Teen) includes gathering and splitting wood, lighting a fire using natural materials, campfire cooking and building survival shelters! (Must be booked as a party with food.)
The group will be safely supervised in all these activities by our trained and experienced Forest School Leaders. All staff are first aid trained, DBS checked and qualified group leaders. We will provide 2 members of staff but two adults are also required to stay with the group – usually the parents of the birthday child. We also welcome the parents of the party children too, and are happy for them to bring cold finger food for themselves. Once you book the party you will receive a login and password and a link to the important documents page. Please ensure you download the Birthday Party forms on that page as they contain important information about where to meet us and what to bring as well as our “A Touch of the Wild” Birthday Party invitations for you to print and send out.
Wild Tots Birthday Parties
Friday mornings only for under 5 years
Wild Tots Birthday Parties for ages 2 – 5 years, Fridays from 10am – 11.45am. Bring your Birthday boy or girl and their friends into the woods for a magical woodland party. They’ll love making mud pies in our mud kitchen and we have loads of activities to keep them busy – like smelly cocktails, sounds of the wood, the animal name game, a nature hunt, blindfolded trail and playing musical instruments.
After all those activities they are sure to be hungry so the leader will cook up a campfire snack – choose from chocolate bananas or campfire popcorn and you are welcome to bring finger food too. We will end with a Happy Birthday song round the campfire. Our Wild Tots Birthday Parties are just £110 and can’t be booked online so please contact the office to find out more. T’s and C’s apply. Up to 8 children, 4 – 8 adults must stay.
The group will be safely supervised in all these activities by our trained and experienced Forest School Leaders. All staff are first aid trained, DBS checked and qualified group leaders. We will provide 2 members of staff but two adults are also required to stay with the group – usually the parents of the birthday child. Once you book the party you will receive a login and password and a link to the important documents page. Please ensure you download the Birthday Party forms on that page as they contain important information about where to meet us and what to bring as well as our “A Touch of the Wild” Birthday Party invitations for you to print and send out.
We are taking extra hygiene and safety measures during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- We will be asking that anyone who is displaying coronavirus symptoms, or who lives with someone who does, not to attend the setting. That includes children and staff who work here.
- Cleaning our hands more often than usual. Within our sessions we will be developing routines to ensure children understand when and how to wash their hands, making sure they wash them thoroughly for at least 20 seconds using running water and soap and dry them thoroughly with a disposable towel, or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered. We have set up more tippy taps (to ensure running water for handwashing) around the camp. Asking that you wash your hands on arrival and departure.
- Ensuring everyone attending understand good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule, ensuring surfaces touched by children and staff are cleaned regularly, including, door handles and play equipment, see below for details.
- Tools– All users will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly before and after use. The tool handle will be wiped with alcohol gel between uses
- Mud Kitchen– All mud kitchen equipment will be disinfected at the beginning of the week and after each 3 day block.
- Toilet– An extra toilet will be available, simple ‘wee behind a tree/tarpaulin’ to encourage lack of surface touching. Tippy tap setup outside temporary toilet for handwashing. Hand sanitiser station placed outside compost toilet to apply before and after entering toilet/using door handles. Contact points in toilet disinfected between groups. Tippy tap setup outside compost toilet for handwashing.
- Circle time activities– To be carried out in larger space away from enclosed seating area, to allow for 2m spacing. Songs, stories etc.
- Seating– asking everyone to keep a 2 metre spacing if they sit on the benches around the fire for snacks, drinks or rest.
- Food/drink– Asking parents to pack all food and drink their child will need for the day. We will not be providing any shared snacks or drinks.
- Hammocks – Each group will have their own hammock. These will be aired well between sessions.
Having said all these things, birthday parties will still have the special element that has been exciting and entertaining so many children for many years.