The natural way to party
Shouldn’t birthday parties be a little special? With A Touch of the Wild, they are! Our woodland Birthday Parties are the ideal way for your child and their friends to have an unforgettable and unique birthday experience. We offer themed options too!
When can I have a party?
At weekends (Saturday and Sunday) we have two slots –
Afternoon: 1.30pm – 4.00pm
Morning: 10.00am – 12.30pm
Afternoon: 1.30 pm – 4.00pm
How much does a party cost?
For a 2.5 hour party for up to 15 children
£195 without food
£225 with food
Add up to 5 additional children
£10 per extra child without food
£14 per extra child with food
Add a birthday cake
£15 (to feed 15 children)
How do I book?
To book your child a party, check our Party booking system using the link below to see if your slot is available. Can’t see your date available? Pop us an email to enquire! Please note that booking will close approx. 2 weeks before the day so do book your party well in advance.
What others have to say...
Thank you so much for hosting Morgan’s birthday party – we all had a fantastic time. The children loved it, and everything worked really well. I’ve already passed on your details to other Mums who were impressed!
Thank you very much, Kathy Cotter
What a brilliant party; fun had by all! Best party ever…
Thanks, Sara Northcott.
Thank you Hannah and Ellie for a great party today. All the boys loved it. ‘Best party ever’ I heard a few times and the time just flew by. Thank you thank you xx
We had a really amazing party – great to see kids doing what they should be doing – building dens/ making (controlled) fires, building bridges, scrambling over nets and playing in hammocks. Definitely recommend thank you very much.
Harry had a fantastic time yesterday – thank you so much to everyone who helped make it such a fab day. Lots of his friends mums have texted saying how great it was.
We picked possibly the wettest weekend in March for our five year old’s woodland explorer’s party, and yet Hannah’s empathy with the imagination of little people and her passion for the forest meant that spirits were not at all dampened by the weather. Hannah’s experience in engaging children in confidence inspiring activities is abundant, and the delight on the faces of children and parents alike at the joys of toasting marshmallows on an open campfire was lovely. Whether you take inspiration from the “Magic Faraway Tree”, “Chronicles of Narnia” or “Swallows and Amazons” a woodland explorers birthday party has some of the magic of all.
Jessica Taylor and Family, Devon
She had an amazing time thank you! The best party we’ve ever had
Ruth Wills – Anna’s mum
Thank you for a fantastic morning, it was just as we wished it to be, perfect.
Can I just say how excellent the whole party was. Hats off to the guides they were fantastic. The children said it was the best ever party they had been to thank you. You will see us again.
Thank you so much for yesterday, all of the children and adults who attended had an amazing time. I have been inundated with messages complimenting you and the experience in general.
Woodland Birthday Parties
Our woodland Birthday Parties take place in a secret location deep in the woodland at Grammarcombe Woods, Ashcombe Estate, Near Exeter. We’ll make our way to our camp with our Forest School Leader and Assistant. We’ll gather around the campfire to welcome the guests and learn about lighting campfires without matches safely. We will then head off for a blindfolded obstacle course and rope trail. There will be plenty of opportunity for the children to try out their den building skills and enjoy our woodland playground and mud kitchen followed by games and marshmallow toasting over the campfire. There’s time for delicious campfire sizzling sausages in a roll (if booked), before the party ends with a Happy Birthday song for the Birthday Boy or Girl. Got an older child or have a specific idea for the party? No problem – just let us know. We run events for all ages – children, teens and adults and will adapt our party activities according to the needs and ages of the group. Make their party a really wild one!
- Forest School Leader & assistant
- A Touch of the Wild Birthday Party invitations
- Hot and cold drinks & marshmallows for toasting
- Campfire food (if booking with food)
- A cake (optional extra)
- 2.5 hours of woodland fun
- 15 happy, tired children at the end of the party – guaranteed!
Add Scrummy Food
We’ll provide drinks for the children – squash or hot chocolate (weather dependant), tea & coffee for adults and of course marshmallows for toasting. If you book a party with food, we supply & cook campfire food, consisting of delicious hot dogs for each child (meat or vegetarian) plus snacks. The two adult helpers who stay will also be fed by our hearty campfire fayre. Don’t forget the cake! We can also provide a birthday cake with candles (optional extra). If you would like to bring your own food you are welcome to bring a cold picnic/finger food but please let us know beforehand and take away any leftovers/rubbish with you.
Choose a theme...
We now offer a selection of themed options for your birthday party, if you wish. Please put in your booking notes if you would like to add a theme to your party!
- Dragons and magic (for 4+ years) includes a dragon egg hunt, magic wand crafting and our very own potion parlour!
- Fairy and Elf (for 4+ years) includes a Teddy Trail, crafting Fairy/Elf crowns and moulding Fairy doors from clay.
- Pirates (for 4+ years) includes map reading, a treasure chest hunt, digging for gold coins and shells, making swords, flags and telescopes!
- Campfire Cooking and Crafts (for 10+ years) includes gathering wild wood, cooking campfire treats, a fire lighting challenge and dream catcher crafting. (Must be booked as a party with food.)
- Survival and Camouflage (for 10+ years) includes gathering and splitting wood, lighting a fire using natural materials, campfire cooking and building survival shelters! (Must be booked as a party with food.)
The group will be safely supervised in all these activities by our trained and experienced Forest School Leaders. All staff are first aid trained, DBS checked and qualified group leaders. We will provide 2 members of staff but two adults are also required to stay with the group – usually the parents of the birthday child. We also welcome the parents of the party children too, and are happy for them to bring cold finger food for themselves. Please ensure you download the Birthday Party forms from our Important Documents page as they contain important information about where to meet us and what to bring as well as our “A Touch of the Wild” Birthday Party invitations for you to print and send out.
The group will be safely supervised in all these activities by our trained and experienced Forest School Leaders. All staff are first aid trained, DBS checked and qualified group leaders. We will provide 2 members of staff but two adults are also required to stay with the group – usually the parents of the birthday child. Please ensure you download the Birthday Party forms on our Important Documents page as they contain important information about where to meet us and what to bring as well as our “A Touch of the Wild” Birthday Party invitations for you to print and send out.
We are taking extra hygiene and safety measures during the COVID 19 pandemic.
We are adhering to all government issued guidelines and legal restrictions during the current COVID-19 pandemic. This includes taking extra hygiene and safety measures. In the case of COVID-19 related cancellation/postponement please see our refund and cancellation policy.
- Symptoms – We will be asking that anyone who is displaying COVID-19 symptoms, or who lives with someone who does, not to attend the setting. That includes children and staff who work here.
- Social distancing – We are asking all staff and participants to adhere to social distancing guidelines whilst on site. The planning and set up of activities has been adjusted to allow for this.
- Circle time activities– To be carried out in larger space away from enclosed seating area, to allow for 2m spacing. Songs, stories etc.
- Seating– Everyone will be asked to keep a 2 metre spacing if they sit on the benches around the fire for snacks, drinks or rest.
- Hand cleansing – Cleaning our hands more often than usual. Within our sessions we will be developing routines to ensure children understand when and how to wash their hands, making sure they wash them thoroughly for at least 20 seconds using running water and soap and dry them thoroughly with a disposable towel, or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered. We have set up more tippy taps (to ensure running water for handwashing) around the camp. Asking that you wash your hands on arrival and departure.
- Catch it, bin it, kill it – Ensuring everyone attending understands good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Equipment cleaning – Implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule, ensuring surfaces touched by children and staff are cleaned regularly, including, door handles and play equipment, see below for details.
- Tools– All users will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly before and after use. The tool handle will be wiped with alcohol gel between uses.
- Mud Kitchen– We have acquired multiple sets of mud kitchen equipment. Each set will be left for 72 hours before use by a different group.
- Toilet–A hand sanitiser station will be placed outside the compost toilet to apply before and after entering toilet/using door handles. Contact points in the toilet will be disinfected between groups.
- Hammocks – We have acquired multiple hammocks. Each hammock will be aired well for 72 hours between uses by different groups.
- Food/drink– Food and drink will only be provided where stated. Where it is not provided, please bring all food and drink that will be needed for the session. Where drinks are provided, it would be appreciated if you could bring your own cup/mug. Where food is provided it will be served in individual portions (no sharing of food will be allowed).
Having said all these things, birthday parties will still have the special element that has been exciting and entertaining so many children for many years.